Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fire Me UP!

one
Evening friends!  Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 10 days since my last post.  Thanks to my Bara, who happily notified me that an updated post is long overdue.  As you can tell, I took an extend little holiday hiatus and forgot to mention it!  Have no fear, I'm back and better than ever, or at least I keep telling myself that. 
So tonight, without further ado....I give you some fireplace inspiration.  Oh man do I love me a good fireplace.  In fact, I spent a good amount of time toasting in front of my mum's fireplace over Christmas and it was heavenly.  To me, there isn't anything much better than a nice fire on a cold night. Fireplaces are so stylish, cozy, romantic, ambient and really just overall awesome.  Enjoy some of my favorite photos of super stylish fireplaces.  How awesome is the abstract sculpture assembled above the fireplace in that top photo?  If you had high ceilings, this would be a great DIY project!

Styling is key to making your home more personal.  Here are some super stylish faux fireplaces!

one / two / three / four 

Maybe super styled fireplaces aren't your cup of tea.  Here are some beautiful au naturel options that might suit your style!   

 one / two / three / four

These beauties need no styling, they are each show stoppers on their own.  I've been lusting after the brass plated Piet for quite some time now.


Last but certainly not least, let's say you live in a little place, like myself.  You shouldn't have to suffer from style.  Why not take matters into your own hands and get a little creative.  If you have a wall that is begging for attention, here is a little DIY project for you!


Well friends, I hope you're all finding a way to stay warm and if you can, go snuggle up by a cozy fire!

2 comments:

jamie wright said...

This is such an amazing post! I never knew so much was possible with a fireplace. So creative and inspiring just like all your other posts. I think you are very talented.

Kate said...

Love this!!! Fabulous job as aways my love! It makes me want to redo my mantel now! :)